LONDON2 • Hayes
LONDON2 is VIRTUS' flagship data centre in London, UK, designed to meet the growing demand for scalable, reliable, on-demand colocation services.
The data centre is the first in London to deploy a new ground breaking fresh-air, evaporative cooling technology which dramatically decreases energy consumption, bringing site power usage effectiveness (PUE) to below 1.2 and delivering substantial TCO reductions to VIRTUS' clients.
The facility, designed to deliver high quality customer solutions, has six data halls, all capable of being subdivided allowing clients to have anything from a cabinet in a shared space, to their own suite or data hall with dedicated power and cooling.
The site is highly secure, away from main roads and behind 5 meter high security fences, with a 24/7 on site security, technical support and monitoring centres to maintain VIRTUS' 100% uptime record.
It also incorporates new innovative on-line real-time monitoring dashboards, and self-service tools for clients to use either remotely, or in one of the customer-friendly dedicated rooms or café areas that are designed into the facility. With 12MW of IT load already delivered to the site, LONDON2 is now ready for client occupation.
LONDON2 (Hayes) offers 65,000 sq. ft. of Tier 3 net technical data centre space across the entire facility. The data centre is designed around delivering six data halls all capable of subdivision for maximum flexibility, with an average power density of 2 kW per sq. m. The data centre is designed to offer N+N redundancy on UPS, and N+1 on all other critical services. Space is available from dedicated suites to cabinets within a shared space.
- Proprietary eco-efficient, optimised design for fully flexible, bespoke customer solutions
- Ultra high power density solutions available (40 kW per cabinet footprint) without in row cooling
- Facility PUE of < 1.2
- Powered by 100% renewable sources
- Cooling supplied by indirect fresh air evaporative cooling;
the first of its kind in London
- Designed to BREEAM 'Excellent' standard
- Unique location: close to the City but outside the congestion zone
(27 km distance in fibre km to Docklands)
QUALITY OF CONNECTIVITY
- Wide choice of Tier I and Tier II carriers
- Interconnection with all major European internet exchanges
QUALITY OF CLIENT SERVICES
- 24/7/365 on site security and technical support
QUALITY OF DATA CENTRE DESIGN
- Designed and built to a Tier 3 specification
- Total IT power of 12 MW and 65,000 sq. ft. of net technical space
(c 6,000 sq. m.)
- Hot aisle containment to maximise efficiencies within each data hall
- Click here to download the LONDON2 Specifications DatasheetDOWNLOAD NOW >
- VIRTUS is in a select group of companies that have achieved the BREEAM 'Excellent' standard, which demonstrates 'best practice' and places LONDON2 in the top 10% of new 'non-domestic' buildings in the UK. DOWNLOAD NOW >
- LONDON2 makes use of innovative indirect air cooling design utilising hot aisle containment as standard offering up-to 40KW cooling per rack. Click here to view our graphic showing how this works. DOWNLOAD NOW >