How does VIRTUS Flex-down work?
Customer A’ is a financial institute who originally contracted for 100kW on a VIRTUS Flex plan. After 6 months, they analysed their deployment with the VIRTUS Intelligent Portal (VIP). The results showed that they were consistently using less power than they contracted for and never spiked above 75kW. They therefore were only using 75% of their requirement and chose to Flex-down by the full 25%.
- With other Colocation providers, the decrease in power footprint would require a new service order and increased price per kW
- VIRTUS Flex provides customers with commercial certainty. The space and power decrease does not need a new service order
- Where ever possible VIRTUS will reserve the reduced space to allow customers to ‘Flex’ back up
- Flex only needs 30 days’ notice and can be flexed in 1 hit or step by step (down to 25%)
How does VIRTUS Flex-up work?
‘Customer B’ is a Cloud Service provider who took an initial 300kW with VIRTUS. As time went on, they built on their own customer portfolio and required more power and space. After 5 month Customer A decided to ‘Flex-up’ their contracted footprint up by 20%, leaving them a further 5% in reserve.
- With other Colocation provides, the increased power footprint would require a new service order and may increase price per kW
- VIRTUS Flex provides customers with commercial certainty. The increase becomes a contiguous extension of the original contract and therefore does not need a new service order
- Space (where possible) will be contagious, therefor a physical extension of the current deployment
- Flex only needs 30 days’ notice and can be flexed in 1 hit or step by step (up to 25%)