By investing in diverse fiber duct infrastructure, VIRTUS has enabled service providers to easily interconnect to VIRTUS’ data centers and pull fiber through from existing routes, minimising additional construction works needed.
Resilient and diverse ‘meet me rooms’ provide space in the data centres where telecommunications companies can physically connect to one another, exchange traffic and easily offer services to VIRTUS’ customer base and ensure customers have the widest choice of connectivity.
Download the Connectivity Datasheet
LINX (LONDON INTERNET EXCHANGE)
VIRTUS LONDON2 has become a Transmission Point of Presence (PoP) for the London Internet Exchange (LINX). As a result VIRTUS customers can now peer on the LINX Juniper and Extreme peering Local Area Networks (LANs), further optimising the award-winning LONDON2 facility.
The agreement gives VIRTUS customers the option to peer with the largest networks in Europe, enabling them to create a low latency resilient network. The Transmission PoP will also serve as a reliable alternative site for clients looking for additional diversity on the LINX LAN that are not currently located within LONDON2.
As well as this improved latency and resilience, VIRTUS customers who become LINX members will also benefit from improved transit performance and routing control, increased capacity and redundancy at lower cost, with the opportunity to peer with over 670 LINX members from 67 countries worldwide. A Transmission PoP is physically based at a neutral data centre giving customers direct access to LINX infrastructure from within the data centre, thus improving performance of its peering connectivity.
To find out more about the services LINX offers please visit our Market Place.
VIRTUS’ data centres are all located within London’s ‘Goldilocks Zone’. Close enough to both London and other data centre ecosystems to allow for mission critical data replication services, but far enough from both to satisfy physical disaster recovery requirements. All the data centres are located in and around London’s Metro area, providing easy access, unparalleled connectivity and low, submillisecond latency to major Points of Presence (PoPs). With an extensive portfolio of national and international providers and services, VIRTUS’ customers have access to a wide range of connectivity solutions to meet their business
- Global Reach
- High Capacity interconnects to over 250 other data centres
- Fibre (Dark and Grey), Wavelength, Ethernet, MPLS/VPLS and IP services
- Interconnection with all major global internet exchanges
- Low latency, resilient, high bandwidth connectivity options on multiple fibre paths
- Rack bundled connectivity solutions
- VIRTUS’ data centres are well connected to the top Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers and networks worldwide
- Public and Private Cloud solutions with direct access to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
Service Provider options and Market Place
Service providers offer a wide range of connectivity solutions for customers to take advantage of and are summarised below:
- Dark Fibre
- Grey Fibre/Spectrum
- Connectivity Wavelengths 1Gb/10Gb/40Gb/100Gb
- Ethernet from 10mbps plus (Point to Point or Point to Multi Point)
- IP Transit from 10mbps plus
- IP VPN
- DDos protection
- Caching Services
- Access to Public Cloud (AWS/MS Azure)
- Access to LINX London Internet Exchange
- Access to all major internet exchanges
To discover the latest information on which service providers are available from VIRTUS, please visit the Connectivity Platform on the VIRTUS Market Place.